Soiree Special Events

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Jenn & Rob are hitched!

Congratulations to Rob & Jenn, who were married this past Saturday!

The rain was on and off all day, but it didn't dampen the spirits of the guests or the bride and groom, which is the important thing. Everyone was there to celebrate the marriage of two great people, and I'm so glad to have been a part of their day.

I had never been to Wakefield Chapel before, so Friday's rehearsal was the first chance I got to see it. How CUTE is this little church! Fairfax County's park system owns it, and man this little place is adorable. I wasn't expecting it to be in the middle of a neighborhood, but apparently the community had a big part in restoring the site so kudos goes to them for keeping such a little piece of history alive. The church holds a maximum of 99 people, which I would guess to be really tight. Jenn & Rob had about 80 guests, which filled it up pretty well.

Their reception was held at the Stone Mansion, another one of Fairfax County's historic properties. It's a rather large, simple, old house, but is really ideal for hosting small weddings. They added a tent on the back to allow for a DJ and dancing, so the reception was split between the house and the tent. The bar was set on a the covered porch between the tent and the house which was perfect.

I really enjoyed this wedding because my lovely associate, Mariah, was there to assist me throughout the day. We also brought Allison in for a few hours, who helped set up the reception and eased the time crunch. Mariah is finished with her training and up to speed, so I know she'll be great at coordinating weddings for her own clients. I'm so happy to have her on my team! Other people that made the day great were Cheryl at No. VA Executive Towncars and Limousine Service, DJ Tom L. with Black Tie DJs, April M. with the Cherry Blossom String Quartet, Officiant Ken Knapp, Creative Cakes, the Flower Gallery of Chantilly, and of course the fabulous Rich Dutchman!

A special recognition goes to the caterer, Marco Polo, for working out in the rain. They are also the caterer for my own wedding, so it was great to meet the captain and see how their staff worked together. They served a station buffet which included spring rolls, chicken satay, carved beef and turkey, roasted potatoes, green beans, stuffed shrimp, and even a mashed potato bar with regular AND sweet potatoes! I've never seen so many potato toppings in my life - they had butter, sour cream, chives, bacon pieces, gravy, cheese, brown sugar, cranberries, and just about anything you could ever think to put on top of a potato. As always, the food was amazing. I'm so excited to see them again in June!

Unfortunately I left my little camera at home, so I'll post some of Rich's photos as soon as I can!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home