Soiree Special Events

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Now we're getting somewhere...

After a 3.5-year engagement, Chris and I finally mailed our invitations out yesterday! It's SO amazing to have that weight lifted off our shoulders, and we're so excited to start getting responses.

My graphic-designer-aunt Susan was incredible during our planning stages, and did all the design work and printing for us as a wedding gift. Talk about luck!! I'm really pleased with how they came out, and will try to post some photos of one in the next day or two. My favorite parts are the embossed pineapple graphic, song lyric watermarks, and personal note on the back. Her company is Dobemark, although she primarily does graphic work for companies. I'm trying to convince her to do wedding invites as part of her business, but then she'd have to deal with crazy brides like me all the time!

If you're still in the planning stages of your wedding and haven't gotten to mail your invitations yet, just wait for it! The assembly days leading up to "the mailing" aren't so hot, but they really pay off in the end after you drop the last one in the mailbox.

Highlight of the day: my grandma got hers already and called to tell me how great they look. ::blush::

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home