Soiree Special Events

Friday, March 21, 2008

Our First Dance Picks

We love Etta James' version of At Last and Lonestar's Amazed. We do. But honestly, let's get a little creative!

If you don't have a personally meaningful song selected for your first dance, here are a few suggestions:

Ingrid Michaelson's The Way I Am:

Michael Buble's Everything:

Queen's You're My Best Friend:

And finally, Jack Johnson's Do You Remember:

You can find a lot more ideas on WeddingWire if you want more. My hubby and I danced to Edwin McCain's I Could Not Ask for More. What song have you picked for your first dance?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • we're doing a viennese waltz to lifehouse's "you and me".

    By Blogger ami @ elizabeth anne designs, at 21/3/08 5:34 PM  

  • This is such a fun post Laura. Music plays such a big part of a wedding! This are all great ideas, and WeddingWire is the best!

    By Blogger Armin de Fiesta, at 22/3/08 12:37 PM  

  • We danced to an acoustic version of Crazy Love by Van Morrison. I loved it because it's a romantic song, but it's not typical. I get so sick of the same-old same-old wedding stuff, too!

    By Blogger Pink Lady Claire, at 24/3/08 12:34 PM  

  • i love "everything" and "the way i am"! i was at a wedding where the first dance was to "the luckiest" by ben folds and it was so adorable! I'm a big fan of "bless the broken road" by rascal flatts.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 26/3/08 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home