Soiree Special Events

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Day at the Philadelphia Flower Show - Introduction

On my way from the ISES conference in Rhode Island, I made a pit stop in Philadelphia. Why? Because the Flower Show was going on! I got lucky in that the two events were in the same week. Here are photos from the 179th annual Philadelphia Flower Show.

The Philadelphia Convention Center:
This sculpture greeted you as you entered the show! This year the show was entitled "Jazz it Up" so there was a distinct musical theme between all the pieces:
Yes, that's actually water flowing out of the end of the piano keys! Cool!
A swamp-style facade supported this beautiful pink flowering bush. I have no idea what it is but I love it. It reminds me of crape myrtles, one of my favorites!There were plants for sale:Flowers for sale:And doo-dads for sale. I like these hanging bud vases:Award-winning orchids in all colors and sizes:Award-winning terrariums. I just loved these cool glass globes:
And art installations! This green triangular frame held all those gerbera daisies which were stuck into the test tubes of water to keep them hydrated. Around each little plastic tube there was moss, for effect. Everything was suspended over a fountain:That was all just in the first 20 minutes! Stay tuned over the next few days for more photos from the Flower Show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home