Soiree Special Events

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Open House at Main Event Catering

Quite a few weeks ago we attended a fabulous tasting hosted by Main Event Caterers. Every month or so they invite local event planners and clients to try hors d'oeuvres, see some beautiful tablescapes, and chit chat with their team.Upon entering their office there's these cute tables set up:This adorable little bistro chair is one of my favorites. I think it's just perfect with that overstuffed cushion. Will one of my clients please please rent these little bad boys?This one featured an industrial-looking metal tray instead of a traditional charger. Also, see that tall skinny silver vase in the upper left of the table? It's hard to tell but it's holding up some tall skinny reeds. The vase is magnetic! It sticks to a small metal plate that goes under the linen:My favorite was this nautical-themed one (are you paying attention, Kinley?). Check out the box in the center of the table with the same pattern. It's just underneath that silver award cup. Would you believe they picked that up at Home Goods?Party Rental Ltd. provided a lot of the linens, furniture, and other rentals. Does this lounge grouping look familiar?Then we moved back and checked out their awesome open kitchen! It was cool to see our food being made in front of our eyes:I believe this one was the tuna tartare:They host cooking parties around this round stovetop:In their 'back of the house' they have shelves upon shelves of plates, glassware, silverware, and tons of other rental items. I wish I had photos but it reminds me a lot of the shelving at Capital Decor. There's also a ginormous walk-in refrigerator but only a very small freezer (that means they serve a lot of fresh foods. we like!).

I really enjoyed my time at Main Event and know that they'd do a phenomenal job at any special event. If you're still looking for a caterer for your wedding, be sure to check them out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home