Soiree Special Events

Monday, July 07, 2008

Venue Spotlight: 2941 Restaurant

Last week I took advantage of an offer to visit 2941 Restaurant in Falls Church. What a gorgeous restaurant! If you've never been, you'd really have no idea it's there. Set inside an office building (don't worry...there's a separate entrance), this amazing venue has several intimate spaces available for private functions like weddings, rehearsal dinners, bridal party lunches, showers, or bachelorette parties. Open since 2002, this 'French-American' restaurant offers top-notch food and superior service. Here are some photos of their private rooms.

The Koi Room seats up to 40 guests and overlooks this pretty koi pond (with HUGE koi):The Chef's Tasting Room seats up to 18 for intimate functions. My favorite part of this room is the unique light bulb chandelier:The Waterfall Room seats up to 72 guests and has a private entryway:The main dining room can also be reserved for larger events:I simply cannot tell you how fabulous lunch was. Chef Bertrand Chemel outdid himself. We started off with a summer vegetable salad:I ordered the Grilled Chicken Chaing Mai. Yum!After lunch the chef sent out a beautiful intermezzo. Here is their raspberry water with fresh raspberries and fromage blanc ice cream:Dessert blew me away. Here is their chocolate quartet. I cannot remember the fancy names but from left to right we have a light chocolate mousse in a little cookie crust, a molten chocolate cake with liquid center, a darker heaver chocolate mousse with caramelized sugar crisps, and a chocolate ice cream truffle. I would go back in a heartbeat just to have this again:Sadly I didn't get many photos of the outdoor space but they have amazingly manicured gardens! Here is a picture from their website:You can also rent the outdoor space for your ceremony or cocktail hour. Here are more photos from their website:With wedding dinner menus starting at $60 per person, 2941 is a surprisingly affordable option for your event. Check out their wedding page to learn more about the private rooms and see photos from other events. If you haven't had a nice evening out in a while, treat your future spouse to a wonderful gourmet evening at this fantastic restaurant!

SPECIAL OFFER!
I have some great coupons if you're on a budget but would still like to visit 2941. Leave a comment with your favorite way to save money on the wedding. You could win a 'buy one get one free' coupon for lunch or a $25 gift certificate for dinner! The lunch coupons expire at the end of the month so comments will close at midnight on Wednesday, July 9th and the winners announced on July 10th. Be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • My fiance and I have made a list of what is important to us (photographer, good food, good music) and what's not (my dress, the flowers) and spent our money accordingly. We are also both lawyers and have found that just asking for a discount has saved us $2500 already! Guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

    By Blogger Amy, at 7/7/08 9:33 AM  

  • I have two. First, I got my dress at a Brides Against Breast Cancer gown sale. It is AMAZING, as was the price and the overall feeling of attending the event. Second, my mom got this great tip that there's this gardening club in Alexandria that does one wedding a month. It's a nonprofit organization which puts money back into the schools, so that's another thing to feel good about, and it saved us a significant amount of money! Ask around; you'll stumble on some great local knowledge.

    By Blogger Catherine, at 7/7/08 9:48 AM  

  • My favorite way to save money on our wedding has been my fiance talking sense/cents into me :) At first I wanted to spend $4000 on invitations, and he calmly told me (convinced me) that after a few weeks of receiving the invites, they would most likely be thrown away. I saw the light, and completely agreed with him. We ended up DIY-ing our invitations for less than 1/4 of the cost of the original ones I wanted, and they look just as great!

    - Marla (ohsdancer2002@yahoo.com)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/7/08 10:30 AM  

  • Just one?! :)

    Some of our biggest ways to save money were:
    1. Not buy a traditional tiered wedding cake. Instead we did 5 smaller cakes of varying flavors. They were a hit with the guests, and it saved us hundreds!
    2. Doing DIY invitations. I spent ~$100 for 50 invitations plus paper for the programs.
    3. Getting married at a country club that my grandfather belonged to. We had no rental fee at all because of that!

    There are others, but those are the top three :)
    -Katie

    By Blogger Mrs. Foot, at 7/7/08 11:30 AM  

  • Coincidentally, I heard Chef Chemel on Everyday Living on Martha Stewart Living Radio on Sirius just this morning. The space looks beautiful...almost makes me want to get married all over again...or at least help my friends plan theirs :-) Money saving tip from me is that my husband and I made a list of what was most important to us and planned accordingly. It helped to keep our budget for the entire day in check when I got tempted to go overboard (speaking from a financial perspective anyway).

    angell.erin@gmail.com

    By Blogger Erin, at 7/7/08 12:27 PM  

  • Hi Laura,

    I think one huge way to save money (and more importantly, make your wedding EXTRA special!) is to enlist your friends and family wherever they can lend their talents. The wedding industry is so full of people to hire to do ANYTHING for you - but if you look much closer, you can achieve many of the same results for a fraction of the price by getting help from who you already know. For my upcoming wedding, my fiance and I are assembling and addressing our invitations ourselves, having my aunt make all the jewelry for myself and my wedding party, using paintings from my other aunt as wedding decor, and hosting several nights at my house to have my bridesmaids come over and help with other DIY projects. I've found that people close to us WANT to be a part of our wedding and I know that on the big day, I'll love and appreciate everything so much more knowing that our friends and family were such a big part of the final "project."

    kristen4528@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/7/08 11:48 PM  

  • Last month, I finally said "Yes" to my boyfriend when he proposed to me. Gosh, I never knew that planning a wedding would be this hard. I'm just lucky to have all the help that I need. For the venue, we want to make it as a garden wedding. My dear old sister is in charge with the tent rentals. San Francisco area is our main pick for the wedding venue. However, we're still debating on it, coz' in Bay area, tent rentals are also available. Good thing that we still have a couple of months before the big day. Well, thanks for sharing your post. Sis will be getting married next year, I'll definitely suggest your blog to her. Nice pictures thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Sue, at 13/8/10 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home