Soiree Special Events

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dinner in the Sky

Want your wedding to be unique? Really unique? Check out Dinner in the Sky! This Belgian company has come up with a creative dining experience that will leave every single guest talking about your event for years. I guarantee none of them will have done this before!

They hoist a specially designed table into the sky with a crane:And the chef serves you and your 21 closest friends a fabulous meal with a view!Here's a video. My favorite part is that they used a second platform to hoist some musicians for entertainment:
Unfortunately for us Americans, there's no rental opportunities in the States yet. You'll have to go to Belgium to enjoy this phenomenal experience. The $12k+ price tag is a bit hefty for only 22 guests, but compared to the average $40k cost of a DC wedding, it's a bargain!

What happens if you drop your fork? Would you ever do this?

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Maybe if it were only fifteen feet off the ground...okay, maybe six.

    By Blogger Angel, at 2/4/08 2:22 PM  

  • No way, I'm too scared of heights. And I would be terrified that I would have to use the restroom, so that is all I would think about the whole time. That is REALLY cool though!

    By Blogger MB, at 2/4/08 3:22 PM  

  • Hmm... I'll need to rent my own platform to get up there and take photos :)

    By Blogger Armin de Fiesta, at 2/4/08 3:29 PM  

  • My name is Meg Ashworth and I am currently working on the marketing campaign for Susie Coelho's (of Surprise Gardner and Outer Spaces on HGTV) new book Style Your Dream Wedding. Susie is one of the forerunners in the makeover genre, and a leading expert in the lifestyle industry. She is the designer for Susie Coelho Style, a collection exclusively for Mervyn's, and Susie Coelho Outdoor, a collection of garden gloves and accesories.

    I am sharing all of this with you because you are the creator of a strong and popular blog and you truly stand as a source of inspiration for couples planning their weddings.

    I would love to send you a complimentary copy of Style Your Dream Wedding, in hopes that you would first enjoy the book, and secondly champion the message on your site and open up the channels of discussion. In addition, if you would like, we can send you banner ads or free copies of the book to give away on your site.

    I would be happy to answer any questions as well as provide any details about the book and Coelho's message. Thank you for the time and if you would indeed enjoy a copy, please reply with your mailing address.

    Sincerely,
    Meg Ashworth

    By Blogger nutmeg, at 2/4/08 11:48 PM  

  • You have GOT to be kidding me? What happens if you need to go to the restroom? I'm sure you are STRAPPED in your chair.

    That is the craziest thing I have ever, ever seen! GREAT find.

    CRAZY Belgians!!!!

    By Blogger saundra, event engineer, at 4/4/08 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home