Soiree Special Events

Monday, June 25, 2007

Plannerzilla?

Does everyone watch Whose Wedding is it Anyway? like I do? I swear I must be addicted at times...I think I've seen them all at least twice. Not only do the planners on that show come up with some beautiful ideas, but their personalities are equally as entertaining!

My husband and I will sit on the couch and comment, "did she really just put them $20k over their budget?" "did he just stress the bride out on her wedding day?" I admit that most of the time they're phenomenal people, but every so often there's a 'plannerzilla' who just takes over.

That being said, I was really intrigued to come across this New York Times article about wedding planners. Of course there are plenty out there who only have their best interests in mind, but when searching for a coordinator or planner you'll want to make sure that they're friendly, responsive, and genuinely interested in what's best for you. After all, it's your wedding day! Who are we to tell you that you should upgrade your linens and skip the dessert bar?

Some questions to ask your potential coordinator/planner are:

* How many weddings have you planned?
* How many weddings do you take in a year?
* What's your least favorite part about planning people's weddings?
* What happens if you can't be at my wedding? What's the backup plan?
* How can you save me money on my wedding?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • laura, you know you've made ripples when you get a link on [b]ecker's blog! just letting you know i clicked over from him :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 26/6/07 8:20 PM  

  • Thanks for letting me know, Mandi! I think that's reason to celebrate with a separate post, don't you?

    By Blogger SoireeLaura, at 26/6/07 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home