Soiree Special Events

Sunday, February 11, 2007

DC's Greatest Treasure

This weekend my husband and I went on a date to the Spy Museum and the National Air & Space Museum. We haven't been able to spend a lot of time downtown in the past couple years so it was great to walk around in our beautiful city!

If you haven't been to the International Spy Museum, I highly recommend it! I was worried about the tickets being sold out but we arrived around 11am and were able to go right in. When we left around 1:30 there was a big long line, so I still would recommend using Ticketmaster 'just in case.' If you go, make sure you find your way into the ventilation ducts (really!).

After a street cart hot dog lunch (yes, we are classy people), we hit the National Air & Space Museum to see the new things displayed in the mini American History Museum's quasi-exhibit. As we were walking down the hall, Chris remembered a great video we had seen on a date a few years ago. Tucked away in the Explore the Universe exhibit, just past the heat sensor camera, is a magical treasure. I present: Scott Hamilton Skates the Universe! Here's a few highlights:
We've sadly gotten many hours of entertainment from this. The mix of Eric Idle, Scott Hamilton, and the cheesy special effects are simply classic. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home